Making your own teriyaki sauce is super easy and the taste is superb. Here we present you the perfect recipe for homemade Teriyaki chicken with vegetables.
Ingredients you need:
- 12-16 oz organic fresh broccoli;
- 2 garlic cloves, you can also use ginger;
- 2-3 lbs organic chicken breast, chopped;
- 4-5 large organic carrots, sliced;
- Pepper flakes, optional;
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
For Teriyaki Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped;
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce, gluten free;
- 1/3 cup cold water;
- 3-4 teaspoons arrowroot powder, or cornstarch;
- 1/4 cup honey, or unrefined sugar.
In a small bowl mix the Teriyaki sauce ingredients. In a small sauce pan, over medium to low heat, heat the sauce until thicken stirring occasionally. When the sauce get cool, store it in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator.
In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil. Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli on a safe microwave dish and microwave for 4-5 minutes.
Add the Teriyaki sauce from the bowl to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Turn heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if using. Stir to combine.
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thanks.